If your dog is like us then he probably thinks that bacon makes everything so much better. Even picky eaters would find this recipe hard to avoid.
Before we jump into the recipe i wanted to share some fun facts about donuts that i'm sure you’ve never heard before:
Donuts are older than us, according to BrightFreek.com: “archaeologists have unearthed the remains of the petrified donut shaped food in prehistoric ruins left by ancient Native Americans”. So in a few words, we have always been round shape food people.
- Dunkin Donuts is the oldest Donuts chain, they started their business in 1948 (under a different name).
- Canadians are the biggest donuts consumer in the world.
- The Donut Industry in America reaches 3.6 billion dollars.
- Donut day is celebrated on the first Friday in June.
- Police officers actually love donuts, this is one accurate stereotype since police officers really like donuts.
Now, hands on what we really need, these are the ingredients, please note that you can modify this recipe with other items that you have at home or something that your dog will enjoy better.
1 Cup all purpose Flour
1 Cup Oats
¼ Coconut Oil
½ Organic Peanut Butter
1 Cup Greek yogurt
4 Slices of bacon cut in Bites.
1 donuts or cupcake trade
1 Large Spoon
Preheat your oven at 375 Degrees, while doing that mix all ingredients but the bacon and greek yogurt, until well combined, use oil spray to cover your trade and place the dough as compact in the donut hole, if using a different trade then use your hands to shape it as donuts.
Leave it in the oven for at least 14 min or until you can insert a fork and come out clean (not wet).
Once your donuts are ready, set aside for another 15 min, and then decorate them by spreading the greek yogurt and topping it with bacon bites, and… Voila.
Enjoy, please share with us if you made them.